Olive Oil Recipes
Chimichurri (Argentinean super sauce) November 29, 2018 11:57
- ¼ cup parsley (French curly or Italian flat leaf) which is odd for an Argentinean sauce .....
- ¼ red onion
- ½ chilli (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup Roast Garlic infused Olive oil
- Roughly chop the red onion, chilli and parsley.
- Put into a food processor with a few tablespoons of the olive oil and process into a rough paste
- Add the oregano and red wine vinegar and process for 20 seconds
- Transfer to a non metallic bowl and pour over the remaining olive oil
This is the MacGyver of sauces, use it as a marinade for all meats (beef especially), a sauce, a dip for bread and vegetables or add a few spoonfuls to any soup to give it a fresh taste.
Its a super sauce because it goes on and with everything!
Double Olive Cake September 28, 2018 14:39
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup black coffee at room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely chopped burnt orange and fennel olives
- Preheat oven to 175
- Grease an 8″ cake pan and either line bottom of pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and olive oil until well combined
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda over the egg mixture
- Begin to stir, gradually adding the coffee. Mix until completely smooth
- Fold in the olives until evenly distributed. Spread the batter into prepared cake pan, and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean.
Broken Pork and Fennel Sausage Pasta August 30, 2018 15:15
Broken Pork and Fennel Sausage Pasta
1 cup Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use less if you prefer, we like it rich)
1 tbsp. paprika
Small handful of basil
500gm pork & fennel sausage (from your butcher is best)
2 onions (diced)
1 clove garlic (sliced)
1 cup tomato paste
Pour olive oil into pan and heat.
Add basil, ensuring leaves are fully submerged and fry till it lightens in colour and crisps. Remove basil and set aside.
Squeeze sausage meat from casing to form bite size lumps and add to pan and fry till cooked. Remove sausage and set aside.
Add garlic to olive oil until it begins to brown then add diced onions.
Fry till onions soften then add tomato paste and paprika.
Boil rigatoni pasta till cooked and drain.
Add sausage and pasta to sauce before serving and then top with basil.
Olive Oil & Vegetable Cupcakes (like carrot cake only better) July 24, 2018 13:37
- 300g Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 300ml Extra virgin olive Oil
- 300g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp all spice
- 300g grated vegetables (carrots, parsnip, courgette or a combination of all)
- Mix the brown sugar, eggs and oil together in a standing mixer or by hand
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and all spice together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg/oil mixture while beating/stirring
- Stir in the grated vegetable until they are evenly mixed through, take care not to over mix
- Pour the mixture into pre-lined or pre greased large size cup cake tins.
- Bake for 25 min or until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool before turning out.
Goes great with cream cheese icing or just on their own.
Chocolate Olive Oil Mousse June 20, 2018 15:12
Dairy free & absolutely delicious.
You can use a fruity, medium extra virgin olive oil, or for a twist blend with 1/3 Telegraph Hill Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime & Chilli Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil works very well.
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 65g (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp) castor sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Grand Marnier (optional)
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 65g (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp) castor sugar
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over pot of simmering water. As it begins to melt slowly pour in olive oil, stirring as you pour.
- Place castor sugar & egg yolks into a bowl, whisk till pale and thick. Fold in melted chocolate then stir in Grand Marnier.
- Place egg whites & salt in a bowl & whisk till soft peaks form. Gradually pour in castor sugar & whisk till it is incorporated.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture & pour mixture into serving glasses. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
How to use: Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil April 19, 2018 14:49Finishing your cooking with olive oil will enrich your dish. Try some of our favourite recipe ideas…
• Drizzle over risottos
• Stir through soups and casseroles
• Dressing for rice, pasta, potato & green salads
• Pour over roast, steamed & stir-fried vegetables
• Add to marinade for meat or fish dishes
• Great for stand out roast potatoes
• Finish hot pastas or rice dishes
• Glug Roast Garlic into Spaghetti Bolognaise sauce
•Drizzle Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime & Chilli over fruit salad
Canadian Style Olive Oil Pancakes April 17, 2018 12:27
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons EVO plus extra for cooking
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, berries, golden syrup or whatever takes your fancy
Mediterranean Fish Dish! February 28, 2017 10:23
We are always interested in new meal ideas which help us include the Mediterranean diet! Keep reading for a tasty and nutritious fish recipe devised by one of our own.
Try whole garland (nz piper), these were super fresh and purchased from Pak n Save for $2.00! Look for nice clear eyes as an indication of freshness. (Don't be scared of the bones - they are surprisingly easy to remove once cooked!)
Remove the head and gut. Turn upside down and squash them to butterfly. Rub with a spice blend of fennel seeds, dry basil, dry tarragon, chiĺli power, black pepper and salt.
Roll around in plenty of Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil . Place under grill and cover with diced garlic. Grill till the garlic starts to brown. Finish with chopped fresh celery leaf, parsley, tomato and red onion.
There is only one way this recipe could improve - add olives! We will next time.
Enhance meals with Infused Olive Oils July 28, 2016 15:16
Telegraph Hill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oils are the perfect finishing ingredient for many winter meals.
Here are some our favourite recipe ideas...
- Drizzle over risottos
- Stir through soups and casseroles
- Use as a dressing over rice, pasta and green salads
- Pour over roast, steamed and stir-fried vegetables
- Add to marinade for meat or fish dishes
- Great for stand out roast potatoes
- Finish hot pasta or rice dishes
- Drizzle Roast Garlic over asparagus and BBQ for 2-3 minutes (depending on the size of the asparagus).
- Drizzle Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime & Chilli over fruit Salad
Get creative this winter!
Choc Mocca Earthquake Cookies January 15, 2015 13:14
Once cooked these cookies have 'earthquake' cracks, hence their name!
- 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Olive Oil
Beat together and mix in
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Sift together and then mix in
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp B Soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Mix all together and refrigerate for 4 hours – should be quite firm.
Sift ½ cup Icing sugar onto plate and spoon small portions (1 heaped tspn) of mixture onto icing sugar. Roll into balls and place on baking paper covered baking tray.
Bake in the centre of the oven 10-12 minutes 175º C. Should still feel very soft when removed from oven.
Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise November 04, 2014 13:29
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar or rice syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Seedy Mustard
Olive Oil Banana Cake March 18, 2013 11:43
This recipe is my favourite - absolute simplicity, with minimum time, effort and dishes!
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (medium or delicate strength)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1&1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin with olive oil.
- Place all ingredients except walnuts into a large bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Spoon into the tin and top with walnuts. Bake 40-45 mins, until golden brown and pulls away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then turn out and finish onto a cooling rack.
Olive Oil Brownies March 18, 2013 11:28
- 125g bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao) chopped or broken up
- 1/3 cup exta virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour (or rice flour for gluten free brownies)
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking pan with foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk in the olive oil until combined and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer at a thigh speed for 5 minutes, until thick and foamy. Beat in the vanilla and salt, then stir in the nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgey you like them, They should have a shiny, dry, slightly cracked layer on top but still be moist underneath. Let cool completely and chill for several hours (or overnight) before cutting into squares.
Gluten free- replace the wheat flour with rice flour.