Meal Sauce Recipes
Apricot & Olive Tagine June 12, 2017 09:28
This recipe uses 'Ras el Hanout' a special Moroccan blend of 13 herbs and spices.
- 4 servings of chicken, beef, lamb or pork
- 1 300g pouch Telegraph Hill Apricot and Olive Tagine
- 1 cup of stock or water (Use this liquid to rinse the pouch to get all the flavour)
Brown 500g of sliced meat of your choice, this sauce is great with beef, lamb, pork or chicken. (Optional flour the meat before browning).
Preheat oven to 150˚C. Place the combined ingredients in a covered casserole dish or Tagine. Alternatively use a slow cooker on a low heat. Cook until the meat is tender.
Add beans, chickpeas, diced potatoes, rice or orzo / pasta and cook for a further 15 - 30 minutes.
Serve on a bed of couscous or with Olive Oil mashed potatoes (1/4 cup of Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil, clove of crushed garlic and 1/8 cup of lemon juice).
Chicken Marbella June 13, 2013 12:24A great Spanish dish guaranteed to impress!
(A beautiful pre-prepared sauce combining the flavours of olives, prunes, red wine, garlic, bay leaves, mustard and oregano).
- Place chicken in an oven proof baking dish that fits the chicken exactly.
- Pour over the chicken marbella mix and cover for a few hours to marinate if time allows
- Heat the oven to 180˚C and place uncovered in the centre of the oven. Check regularly to baste so as not to dry out. Bake until the juices run clear (approx 40 - 50 mins).
Serve with Olive Oil mashed potatoes (1/4 cup of Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil, clove of crushed garlic and 1/8 cup of lemon juice), a fresh green salad and fresh bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
This sauce can also be used with lamb or pork.