Smoked Semidried Tomato Prawns
- 1 Packet Telegraph Hill Manuka smoked Semi Dried Tomatoes
- 500 g large uncooked prawns peeled and deveined with tails on
- 3 Cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- ½ Red Chilli
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (Basil, Parsley, Oregano)
- Juice 1 x lemon
- Drain the Telegraph Hill Manuka smoked Semi Dried Tomatoes, keeping the oil
- Roughly chop the Telegraph Hill Manuka smoked Semi Dried Tomatoes
- Using half the oil cook the prawns in a large frying pan for 3-4 minutes. This is best done in 2-3 batches.
- Remove the prawns in add the remaining oil to the frying pan.
- Fry the garlic for 30 seconds and then add the chili, paprika, Telegraph Hill Manuka smoked Semi Dried Tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes are just beginning to soften.
- Add the cooked prawns, lemon juice and chopped herbs, stir to combine.
Serve with pasta or rice, or just by themselves.
When I lived in Canada we lived about 800km from the ocean. Which was very strange coming from New Zealand where you are hardly ever 800kms from anything, certainly not the ocean. There was however a food truck that would drive from the coast and do the rounds selling fresh and frozen fish and seafood. Once a week I would catch up with the food truck and get some fresh fish and usually some frozen prawns.
Recipe created by our very own Gavin Versey