Cauliflower with Olives and Lemon
Tangy lemon and tasty olives perk up simple steamed cauliflower.
Makes: 6 side servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Telegraph Hill Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Telegraph Hill Rosemary and Garlic Pitted Kalamata Olives
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove skin and white pith from lemons with a sharp knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments from the membranes. Coarsely chop the segments and transfer to a serving bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the segments.
Add oil, shallot, water, thyme, salt and pepper to the serving bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cauliflower and olives and mix. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: To remove olive stones. Press the olive with flat side of a knife and the stone is easily removed.