Greek Style Olive Oil Biscuits
- 140mls Telegraph Hill olive oil
- 165ml orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 150g sugar
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 4 drops vanilla essence
- 80g white sesame seeds for coating
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- In a separate bowl combine the orange juice and baking soda and whisk until the baking soda is dissolved.
- Add the Telegraph Hill olive oil, vanilla extract and sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves
- Add all the dry ingredients in the bowl with the liquid ingredients. Stir until the ingredients begin to combine, then knead lightly with your hands until all combined.
- Preheat the oven at 185 degrees
- Divide the dough into 35g portions.
- Roll the balls into “snakes” with the palm of your hand.
- Pinch the end together to form in “doughnuts” or “pretzels”
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a plate or tray
- Dredge the cookies in sesame seeds until covered on all sides.
- Place the cookies on 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake each tray for approx. 20-25 minutes until nicely coloured and cooked through.