- ½ Cup chopped nuts of your choice (cashews are my favourite)
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin seeds ( NZ ones are far superior to the Chinese ones for this)
- ¼ Cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbls Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbls Telegraph Hill Turmeric Black pepper drizzle
- Heat 2 table spoons of Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan until warm but not smoking.
- Add the seeds and nuts and continue to stir over a medium heat. If you are using NZ pumpkin seeds they may pop and jump in the frying pan so be careful and you may need a lid.
- After 4 minutes your seeds and nuts should be nicely toasted and most of the oil absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add the Turmeric and Black Pepper Drizzle.
- Stir and leave to cool.
Great to have on hand for a huge number of things. Try on breakfast cereals or oats as a tasty alternative to sugar, sprinkle on soups for some added flavour or serve on yoghurt with extra Telegraph Hill Turmeric black pepper drizzle as a condiment for spicy foods (goes great with peri peri sauce) or just as a snack.