- 150ml Telegraph Hill Baking Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fair trade cocoa powder
- 650g icing sugar
- Hot water as required
Using Baking Extra Virgin Olive Oil gives a lovely soft flavour so it will not overpower the cake with the usual bitter and pungent characteristics of EVOO.
- Add the Telegraph Hill Baking Extra Virgin Olive oil to a large mixing bowl
- Sift in the cocoa and beat with electric beaters until smooth
- Add the icing sugar 100g at a time while beating with the electric beaters
- Add hot water 1 teaspoon at a time as require when the icing gets too thick.
- Repeat until all the icing sugar is used.
This will give you enough icing to cover 1 large cake. Because it uses olive all instead of butter it will be more like a ganache consistency instead of a buttercream consistency. Use a warm pallet knife to spread over your cake or make it a slightly runnier by adding a little more hot water and pour or drizzle it over your cake instead.