Baked Olive & Manuka Smoked Tomato Portobello Mushrooms March 27, 2015 09:13
Portobello mushrooms with an olive, tomato and cheese topping.
Serve them with whole-wheat couscous and a mixed green salad for an easy meal.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup chopped Telegraph Hill Manuka Smoked Semi-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Telegraph Hill Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Telegraph Hill Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/8 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Telegraph Hill Balsamic Drizzle
Combine tomatoes, cheese, olives, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
Preheat grill to medium.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C
- Discard mushroom stems. Toss mushrooms in olive oil to coat.
- Place the caps on an oven-proof tray and fill with the olive/ tomato /cheese mixture. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and Balsamic Drizzle before cooking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cauliflower with Lemon & Olives March 27, 2015 09:09
Tangy lemon and tasty olives perk up simple steamed cauliflower.
Makes: 6 side servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons T Hill Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Telegraph Hill Sicilian Olives
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove skin and white pith from lemons with a sharp knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments from the membranes. Coarsely chop the segments and transfer to a serving bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the segments.
Add oil, shallot, water, thyme, salt and pepper to the serving bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cauliflower and olives and mix. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: To remove olive stones. Press the olive with flat side of a knife and the stone is easily removed.