This chicken tray bake with lemon, olives and orzo is a great midweek meal for all the family. It's super simple.
1 Red onion, cut into wedges
12 whole chicken thighs
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
200ml white wine or chicken stock
Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
24 Telegraph Hill Traditional Olives, pitted and quartered
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Put the red onion in the bottom of a roasting tin. Season, then sit the chicken thighs on top.
- Squeeze over the lemon wedges and then tuck them in around the chicken. Pour around the wine or stock.
- Season the chicken skin then put in the oven and roast for 45-55 minutes, until really crisp and deep golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo in boiling salted water until tender, then drain.
- Take the tin out of the oven, remove the chicken and keep warm under foil.
- Tip the orzo into the tin and stir into the onions and juices.
- Add in the parsley and olives and stir again.
- Serve the chicken tray bake with the orzo.