Olive Oil Recipes
Olive Oil Roasted Cherry Tomatoes August 29, 2019 16:22
Check out our vibrant cherry tomato recipe roasted in olive oil. Serve this warm, smooshed onto big hunks of crusty sourdough (also great for dipping into the infused oil)
4-6 bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 whole bulb garlic, cut in ½
6 bay leaves
200ml Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Crusty bread warmed, to serve
Heat the oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Put the tomatoes and garlic in a baking dish, tuck in the bay leaves, and season well. Pour over the olive oil and cover with foil. Bake for 1½ hours, then serve warm with crusty bread.
Spiced Orange Olive Oil Cake June 12, 2019 16:06
With just a touch of sweetness, this olive oil cake has a hint of orange zest and five-spice powder. If you don't eat it all the first day, cut it into cubes and layer with whipped cream and oranges, or toast and slather with honey.
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil and flour a loaf pan.
Beat eggs in a bowl until lightened in colour. Add sugar, olive oil, orange zest, and five-spice powder and beat until smooth. Fold flour, baking powder, and salt into egg mixture until batter is just mixed. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Thai Green Curry May 30, 2019 15:04
1 onion finely chopped
2 tbs green Thai curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
500 g chicken thighs cut into pieces* (400g Fish or Prawns)
100 g green beans*
2 kaffir lime leaf
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cup coriander roughly chopped *to serve
- Heat Lemongrass Kaffir Lime & Chilli infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok or large saucepan.
- Add onion and curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add coconut milk and water, and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken pieces and lime leaves, and stir to combine. If chicken is not covered by liquid, add more coconut milk.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, add beans, cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until chicken is tender. (If using Fish add 6-8 minutes before the end of the process and about 5 mins for Prawns).
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar, stir to combine.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves just before serving. Serve with steamed rice.
Substitute thigh fillets for breast fillets, fish or Prawns
Substitute beans for zucchini.
Add extra Lemongrass Kaffir Lime & Chilli infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil for extra flavour.