Olive Oil Recipes
Olive Oil Banana Cake March 18, 2013 11:43
This recipe is my favourite - absolute simplicity, with minimum time, effort and dishes!
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (medium or delicate strength)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1&1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin with olive oil.
- Place all ingredients except walnuts into a large bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Spoon into the tin and top with walnuts. Bake 40-45 mins, until golden brown and pulls away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then turn out and finish onto a cooling rack.
Olive Oil Brownies March 18, 2013 11:28
- 125g bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao) chopped or broken up
- 1/3 cup exta virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour (or rice flour for gluten free brownies)
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking pan with foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk in the olive oil until combined and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer at a thigh speed for 5 minutes, until thick and foamy. Beat in the vanilla and salt, then stir in the nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgey you like them, They should have a shiny, dry, slightly cracked layer on top but still be moist underneath. Let cool completely and chill for several hours (or overnight) before cutting into squares.
Gluten free- replace the wheat flour with rice flour.