- 125g bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao) chopped or broken up
- 1/3 cup exta virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour (or rice flour for gluten free brownies)
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking pan with foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk in the olive oil until combined and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer at a thigh speed for 5 minutes, until thick and foamy. Beat in the vanilla and salt, then stir in the nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgey you like them, They should have a shiny, dry, slightly cracked layer on top but still be moist underneath. Let cool completely and chill for several hours (or overnight) before cutting into squares.
Gluten free- replace the wheat flour with rice flour.