Drizzles & Vinaigrettes Recipes
Wasabi, Potato & Apple Salad January 29, 2014 09:19
This recipe created by Lyn Potter & published on the Breeze Website. Wasabi, Potato & Apple Salad
This potato and apple salad is great for a barbecue. It was inspired by a traditional Dutch recipe which is flavoured with a mustardy mayonnaise. I substituted Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette which is locally produced. The wasabi in this dressing gives it an appealing Asian twist and a slightly peppery finish. We like it best while still warm, but it can also be stored in the fridge for a day or so.
- 500 gm of potatoes
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 3 medium size red skinned crisp sweet apples
- 1 spring onion (white part only)
- 3-4 tablespoons of Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- The juice of up to half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Boil the peeled potatoes until they are tender. When cool enough to handle cut them into chunks.
- Wash the apples and dice.
- Peel and chop the hardboiled eggs.
- Slice the white part of the spring onion finely.
- Mix all of these gently together in a salad bowl.
- Stir the Wasabi Vinaigrette in. Sharpen the flavour with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Keep tasting and adding up to the juice of half the lemon depending on how sweet/tart the apples are. Season to taste with salt.
Recipe and photograph by Lyn Potter. Read more from Lyn at http://focussedonfood.blogspot.co.nz/
- See more at: http://www.thebreeze.co.nz/Potato-Apple-Wasabi-Salad/tabid/1131/articleID/7262/Default.aspx#sthash.HKzpXJFh.dpuf
Wasabi Vinaigrette Ceviche January 29, 2014 09:08
This recipe created by Lyn Potter, and links to her blog post. Wasabi Vinaigrette Ceviche
- 200 gm of freshly caught kahawai ( which had been filleted)
- 1/2 long sweet red pepper ( seeds removed and cubed)
- 1/4 red onion ( finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato (deseeded, the juice squeezed out and chopped)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Corn scraped from 1 cooked cob
- 3 tablespoons of Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- A cos lettuce leaf to line each bowl (optional)
- Marinate the fish in the juice of 2 lemons for at least 1 hour.
- The fish should change to an opaque white as it is "cooked" by the lemon juice.
- Drain the lemon juice off and then mix the fish with all the other ingredients.
- Leave in the fridge for a further hour ( or longer) to allow the flavour of wasabi vinaigrette to mingle with the other ingredients.
- Line each bowl with a cos lettuce leaf.
- Add the ceviche.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Variation: Add some cubes of avocado just before serving.
Recipe and photograph by Lyn Potter. Read more from Lyn at http://focussedonfood.blogspot.co.nz/ -