Drizzles & Vinaigrettes Recipes
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad May 29, 2019 13:54
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine, (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken. Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
Notes *Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs
Peach, Halloumi and Smoked Balsamic Salad January 30, 2018 15:47Delicious Peach Haloumi and Manuka Smoke infused Balsamic Drizzle salad
Mustard Balsamic Baked Chicken March 27, 2014 13:46
You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe, and bake some vegetables alongside for a super easy meal. The bonus of not many dishes makes me smile every time I make it!
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Seedy Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Drizzle or Double Oaked Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the Seedy Mustard, Balsamic Drizzle / Vinegar, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour the olive oil in with the mixture while whisking.
- Place the chicken in a marinating container (glass or plastic; don’t use metal) and pour the mustard balsamic marinade on top. Place in the refrigerator or leave on the counter, covered, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and empty the remaining sauce on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
Credit to the creators of this recipe: Recipe adapted from www.paleoleap.com