Drizzles & Vinaigrettes Recipes
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad May 29, 2019 13:54
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Telegraph Hill Balsamic Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine, (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken. Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
Notes *Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon, Pecans, and Turmeric & Black Pepper Drizzle Recipe March 28, 2019 15:09
These Brussels sprouts are roasted until golden and caramelized, then doused in Turmeric & Black Pepper Drizzle and topped with crisp bacon and toasted pecans. They're so addictive, it's hard not to eat the entire lot standing at the stove before you serve them.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 6 slices bacon
- 1kg Brussels sprouts, halved (stems and ragged outer leaves removed)
- 3 tablespoons Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (4g) Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Telegraph Hill Turmeric & Black Pepper Drizzle
Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 176°C, line a baking tray with tin foil.
Place pecans on prepared baking tray and bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, as they can burn fast. Transfer nuts to cutting board and chop coarsely. Set aside.
Increase oven temperature to 200°C. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the same foil-lined baking tray, leaving space in between so they don't overlap. Roast until bacon is crisp, 12 to 20 minutes, rotating half way (cooking time will depend on thickness of bacon). Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels; pour rendered bacon fat into a small dish and discard foil. When bacon is cool, finely chop.
Increase oven temperature to 220°C. Line baking tray with fresh tin foil; Toss Brussels sprouts with rendered bacon fat, olive oil, salt, and pepper, directly on baking sheet. Roast, stirring midway through to promote even browning, until Brussels sprouts are tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add Turmeric & Black Pepper Drizzle and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning then transfer to serving dish. Right before serving, top with chopped pecans (Alternatively use Hemp Seed Dukkah) and bacon. Serve hot or room temperature.
- Serves 4-6
- Prep & cooking time 45min
Mustard Balsamic Baked Chicken March 27, 2014 13:46
You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe, and bake some vegetables alongside for a super easy meal. The bonus of not many dishes makes me smile every time I make it!
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Seedy Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Drizzle or Double Oaked Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the Seedy Mustard, Balsamic Drizzle / Vinegar, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour the olive oil in with the mixture while whisking.
- Place the chicken in a marinating container (glass or plastic; don’t use metal) and pour the mustard balsamic marinade on top. Place in the refrigerator or leave on the counter, covered, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and empty the remaining sauce on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
Credit to the creators of this recipe: Recipe adapted from www.paleoleap.com