Wasabi, Potato & Apple Salad January 29, 2014 09:19
This recipe created by Lyn Potter & published on the Breeze Website. Wasabi, Potato & Apple Salad
This potato and apple salad is great for a barbecue. It was inspired by a traditional Dutch recipe which is flavoured with a mustardy mayonnaise. I substituted Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette which is locally produced. The wasabi in this dressing gives it an appealing Asian twist and a slightly peppery finish. We like it best while still warm, but it can also be stored in the fridge for a day or so.
- 500 gm of potatoes
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 3 medium size red skinned crisp sweet apples
- 1 spring onion (white part only)
- 3-4 tablespoons of Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- The juice of up to half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Boil the peeled potatoes until they are tender. When cool enough to handle cut them into chunks.
- Wash the apples and dice.
- Peel and chop the hardboiled eggs.
- Slice the white part of the spring onion finely.
- Mix all of these gently together in a salad bowl.
- Stir the Wasabi Vinaigrette in. Sharpen the flavour with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Keep tasting and adding up to the juice of half the lemon depending on how sweet/tart the apples are. Season to taste with salt.
Recipe and photograph by Lyn Potter. Read more from Lyn at http://focussedonfood.blogspot.co.nz/
- See more at: http://www.thebreeze.co.nz/Potato-Apple-Wasabi-Salad/tabid/1131/articleID/7262/Default.aspx#sthash.HKzpXJFh.dpuf