This recipe created by Lyn Potter, and links to her blog post. Wasabi Vinaigrette Ceviche
- 200 gm of freshly caught kahawai ( which had been filleted)
- 1/2 long sweet red pepper ( seeds removed and cubed)
- 1/4 red onion ( finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato (deseeded, the juice squeezed out and chopped)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Corn scraped from 1 cooked cob
- 3 tablespoons of Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- A cos lettuce leaf to line each bowl (optional)
- Marinate the fish in the juice of 2 lemons for at least 1 hour.
- The fish should change to an opaque white as it is "cooked" by the lemon juice.
- Drain the lemon juice off and then mix the fish with all the other ingredients.
- Leave in the fridge for a further hour ( or longer) to allow the flavour of wasabi vinaigrette to mingle with the other ingredients.
- Line each bowl with a cos lettuce leaf.
- Add the ceviche.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Variation: Add some cubes of avocado just before serving.
Recipe and photograph by Lyn Potter. Read more from Lyn at http://focussedonfood.blogspot.co.nz/ -