- Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onions diced
- 1 Jar Condimentum Festival Relish
- 1½ cups chicken or beef stock
- Roll or sheet puff pastry
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large pot over high.
- Cook the beef mince, breaking up with a spoon, for 8minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving as much fat in pan as possible.
- Reduce to a medium heat and cook the onion until soft but not coloured.
- Add the Festival relish, stock and the beef mince
- Simmer until almost all the liquid is evaporated (20min)
- Season and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the pastry into 10cm rounds using a cookie cutter or large jar/small bowl. (the off cuts can be rerolled and reused)
- Place 2 Tbsp. filling in the center of each round.
- Brush water around half of outer edge of each round and fold in half.
- Pinch the edges together and crimp using a fork.
- Bake on a lined baking tray at 190 for 15minutes per side.
These are excellent deep fried (in olive oil of course) as well. They make a great snack in this size or you can make them larger- more like a Cornish pasty size.
Recipe by our very own Gavin Versey