Lamb & Hemp Seed Dukkah September 24, 2019 11:20
Hemp Seed Dukkah Crusted lamb with Quinoa and Tabbouleh
This wonderful recipe came from https://www.onyourplate.co.nz a Hawke's Bay Food box service, where the ingredients are sourced locally. And more importantly they have used some of our products!
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes
For 2 For 4
1/2c 1c Quinoa
3/4c 1 1/2c Boiling water
salt and pepper
1/2 1 Lemon Zest and Juice
20g 40g Curly Parsley
4 8 Tomatoes
150g 300g Green Beans
1 2 Garlic Cloves
Wraps or Pita Pockets
Yoghurt, Mayo or Sour Cream
- The lamb… Take the lamb out of the packaging and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice into 2cm strips. Lightly coat with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes (if using) and coat well with the dukkah.
- The tabbouleh… Place the quinoa, water and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and zest of the lemon into a small pot and bring to the boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed, then fluff it up with a fork and pop into a bowl.
- Heat up a frying pan to a high heat. Chop the beans into 1-2cm lengths. Quickly fry with a little olive with the sliced garlic until the beans have char marks, but still crunchy, set aside.
- Chop up the tomatoes and finely chop the parsley.
- Mix the beans, tomatoes and parsley through the quinoa. Dress the salad with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- The lamb… Heat the frying pan up again to a med-high heat with 2-3T of olive oil. Fry the lamb for 3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden.
- To finish… Serve the beautiful lamb in wraps, pita pockets or on its own with a big spoonful of tabbouleh and a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream.
- Serve, Eat, Enjoy!
Salmon with Pesto Crust July 11, 2019 15:44
This super quick and easy recipe takes about 15 minutes in the oven, a great midweek meal.
4 salmon, skinless fillets
4-6 tbsp Telegraph Hill Pumpkin Seed Pesto
3 tbsp Telegraph Hill Roasted Dukkah
3 tbsp parmesan finely grated
Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
300g Green beans
STEP 1 Heat the oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8. Put the salmon fillets on a non-stick baking tray, skinned-side down.
STEP 2 spread the pesto over the tops, then mix the Roasted Dukkah and cheese together and sprinkle over.
STEP 3 Drizzle with a little oil then bake for 10 minutes.
STEP 4 Boil the green beans for 3-4 minutes, then drain and toss with a little olive oil and season well.