- 1 Packet Telegraph Hill Drunken Prunes
- 250ml water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 250g butter (very soft but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups peeled and diced apple
- 1 1/3 cups raw sugar (brown sugar will work too)
- 120g butter
- 2 cups shredded desiccated coconut
- 175ml milk
- Empty the packet of Telegraph Hill Drunken Prunes into a saucepan and add the water and cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil and add the baking soda
- In large bowl mix all other ingredients thoroughly then add the prune mixture.
- Pour into a well-greased or baking-paper-lined deep 30cm cake tin. Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 150°C.
- Melt the butter and mix in the rest of the second set of ingredients.
- Pour on top of the tart and bake for another 35 minutes
This is an excellent winter’s day dessert that I often serve warm. If there is any left-over it is great eaten cold with coffee. You can also make it in muffin tins but the cooking time requires adjusting depending on the size muffin tin you end up using.
Recipe created by our very own Gavin Versey.