- ½ Jar Telegraph Hill Dukkah Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Juice of two limes (or lemons in a pinch)
- ½ Chili (seeds and all)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ Onion diced (red or white)
- 100ml water (or Coconut milk, or coconut cream)
- Drain the oil from the top of the Jar of Telegraph Hill Dukkah Butter into a saucepan.
- Over a low heat slowly cook the onion and garlic until soft. Do not allow to colour
- Add the chili and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and add Telegraph Hill Dukkah Butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and honey.
- Stir well
- Add the water (or coconut milk/cream) and stir until smooth.
- Add a little boiling water if the sauce is too thick
Water will give you a lighter sauce, coconut cream a heavier creamier sauce and coconut milk somewhere in between.
This is a must for kebabs or BBQ skewers of any sort but also a great dip with toasted naan breads, vegetable crudités or as a sauce for pita pockets or sandwiches. Try sprinkling Telegraph Hill Dukkah on top for added crunch.